Wednesday, November 16, 2016

My Birthday

 Last weekend we went down the shore for the first time in a long time. It was refreshing, peaceful and it was a reminder of our vision.  My birthday was Saturday and to celebrate my birthday I wanted to go and work on the property.  Nanny (my mil) came over in the morning to watch Easton and we headed out the door.

The piece I wanted to work on. It is a pile of dirt, weeds and broken glass
 
Up close picture. To the back, branches from a tree. To the left, all the stuff we picked up in the yard.


Our first stop was a combo stop.  Terry and Jovy were going in to Tims to pick up some hot chocolate, coffee and an ice cap for me. Me and Rio were went into Sobeys to find some lunch.  In Sobeys I started to feel sick, I am current about 16 weeks pregnant.  We went into the washroom and while waiting to see if it was a false alarm, Rio asks me "Why do you get sick mommy?" I answered with, "Mommy has a baby in her belly". Rio responded "Doesn't the baby know it is your birthday?"
 
 Terry's project, trim a path towards the road.  This is the back of the house.

We got into a grove pretty easy.  The kids were playing and helping here and there.  They really liked my dirt pile and kept taking turns (unwilling) with the shovel. I ended up going low, gestational diabetes. I didn't bring anything with me, but luckily there is a store near by.  We all went and I got a regular pop.  I felt better and we got some more done. 

The after pic of my dirt pile

A close up. We also moved the tree branches from the tall grass.


Terry's work, the start of the path

Terry at the beginning of the path, me at the new part.

The end of the day

With a quick drive to the beach before we drove back home. 

My birthday supper choice was Scotts Skins from Joes.  It tasted so good after a day of work. 

Our plan is to head back to the property next weekend.  So far the weather is looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment